IST Sports Headquarters in conjunction with Wilton Parks and Recreation and Wilton Little League are excited to announce.....
8U WILTON BANDITS TRAVEL BASEBALL
Registration is now open for Wilton residents to register your children to try out for the forthcoming SPRING WILTON 8U Bandit’s Baseball Travel season. Try-outs will be held Saturday March 14 at 11AM. See below for information regarding updated age bands for teams and our new professionally run travel game-focused curriculum and schedule for the 8U The final deadline for registration is 5:00 p.m. on Friday March 13th. However, we kindly request that you register your child at your earliest convenience so we can plan ahead, including understanding the range of ages of potential players. Please register by copying the link below into your browser or clicking below and paying the non-refundable $30 try-out fee for each child separately. Only those who register will be permitted to try out.
Team Focus; New League: 8U will play in the CT Youth Baseball League
- League runs April 6th through June 7th with a 8 game minimum plus playoffs
- Competition will be against other surrounding 8U Town Travel programs including but not limited to Westport, New Canaan, Darien and so on.
The Spring program will include practices featuring drills to demonstrate game situations and potential intra-squad scrimmages. The team plays on the Little League 46/60 diamond. Home field is Comstock Community Center field in Wilton,CT. Rosters will be set at a maximum of 14 players per 8U team and have 2 professional coaches. Each team will have three events per week running 1.5 to 2 hours. two weekday practices that will not conflict with little league and one Sunday afternoon game or practice. Coaches will stress learning the fundamentals of the game and learning to play team baseball.
Tryout Registration Link: CLICK HERE
- Try-outs for the 8U teams will be administered by IST Pro Coaches on March 14th at 11AM ( Wilton JV Softball Field,weather permitting or IST Sports Headquarters).
Tryout dates/times were arranged and fields reserved to ensure program-wide fairness and equal opportunity for all players. Please do your best to address any conflicts on the applicable date(s) and ensure your child attends the tryout session(s). Please contact Glenn Katz at
by March 7th if your child has a conflict with the try-out date, and he will attempt to organize with the coaches a single alternative date to accommodate these conflicts.
- Player evaluation will be conducted by a panel of this season's coaches, and in an effort to provide as much continuity as possible and to take into account a broader body of baseball experience. The coaches will make every effort to operate a consistently applied, multiple evaluator and merit-based review.
Try-out Requirements and Details
- Please arrive 15 minutes early and proceed to the registration table where a volunteer will check in your child and assign a number, which must be worn throughout the try-out.
- Your child should bring a bat, glove and helmet and wear baseball pants, cap and cleats.
- Once all participants are signed in by volunteers, IST coaches administering the try-outs will ask parents to leave and return to pick up their children at the end of the designated try-out time. Please cooperate with this request.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ROSTERS
IST intends to post on its website and email parents by March 16th.
After teams are announced, parents may contact Glenn Katz or John Paola at IST by email
or firstname.lastname@example.org who will provide you with more detailed feedback on your child's performance at the try-outs and areas for improvement as observed by the evaluators during the try-outs. Please understand that in selecting rosters for teams, there will inevitably be difficult decisions made by coaches. This opportunity to discuss your child's performance with a coach is to solicit constructive feedback—it is not a forum for abusive or negative comments by parents.
AGE ELIGIBILITY; HEAD COACHES; PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS
Please contact our Player Agent, Glenn Katz at email@example.com with any questions about age eligibility.
IST reserves the right to roster children on Travel teams outside of these Little League age bands based on the professional recommendation of IST, including in circumstances that comply with the East Shore League's age eligibility requirements.
Spring season cost $750
Uniform Cost: 8U Spring rostered players can use the Fall uniform. The Bandit's uniform will include pants, belt, socks, hat, and 2 jersey tops.
Eligibility: In 2020, if your child turns 9 years old after 5/1, then they would be eligible to play 8u baseball
Head Coaches: IST Pro Coaches
- IST Pro Coach for 20 years
- 8U Wilton Bandit's Fall Coach
- Head Coach over various travel teams in Westport and Wilton ranging from Senior Legion to 8U over the past 20 years
- 8U Wilton Bandit's Fall Coach
- High School Baseball:●Three year varsity starter at Pomperaug High School (2010-2012)●Won a State Championship and Conference Championship in 2010 Season●Won a Conference Championship in 2011 Season●Named All-Conference in 2012 Season
- College Baseball:●Four-year starter at Endicott College●All-CCC team honorable mention in 2013●All-CCC first team in 2014●All-CCC third team in 2016
- Coaching:Lead Baseball Instructor Skyhawks Baseball youth camps 2015-2017. Assistant Coach with the Wilton Warriors 13U Travel Team Summers 2016 and 2017. IST Clinic Instructor 2016-Present